7 months seem like a lifetime?
I know many blogs , live since God-knows-when, are still PR1 or PR2.
I used to drool over PR3 blogs when mine was PR N/A and it stayed there for about seven months – but I didn’t quit, didn’t lose hope.
The infographic below tells my story how I did it it came about:
(How to increase page rank)
You can draw any conclusion since SEO and PageRank are mysterious creatures.
Here’s what I perceive from it:
- After Google’s recent updates, I stopped paying too much attention to SEO (backlinking in particular)
- Focusing on high-quality, media-rich and longer content with quality outbound links was (allegedly) the most helpful factor
- Guest posting and social sharing helped improve my PR plus drew in a lot of traffic
- Commenting on RELEVANT blogs also sent considerable traffic – many topnotch bloggers would come back to drop a comment or share my post
- I spammed by commenting on irrelevant blogs. Once I realized it’s unethical (and a sheer waste of time), ditched it then and there
- Web 2.0 sites and article directories never sent much traffic, so I dumped them too
- Forum posting (along with blog commenting) was annoying and timewasting – flirted with it for just a couple of weeks or so. Some people, however, claim to have benefited from it
Other things I tried recently:
- Lesser internal links in the posts (after Google’s over optimization penalty)
- Google Ads are now lower down the text because (just like humans) Google also hates ads above the fold
- Naturally occurring text instead of keywords for anchor text
- Footer, with lots of internal links, was removed
Was any of the above tips helpful? Like, tweet and share this post.
Hi! I am Ali – a freelance writer & blogging enthusiast. If you're new here, you'll totally love my FREE ebook: The Secret Ingredients to Writing Magnetic Headlines That Always Get Noticed.
Subscribe & Get My FREE eBook:
As Seen On
The Top 10 Websites That Pay You To Write An Article
Finally, Master The Art Of Writing Killer Headlines In 25 Minutes
How My Blog Jumped From PR0 To PR3 IN JUST 7 Months (Infographic)
7 Ridiculous Places to Find High-Paying Freelance Writing Gigs
How The Experts Find Blog Topics That Almost Always Make Money
Kiss Your PageRank Goodbye If You Don’t Know These 9 Things (#7 Is Crazy)
3 Secrets Of Copywriting 'Gurus' Don't Want You To Know
Do You Make These 6 SEO Mistakes When Writing Your Blog Post Title?
The Naked Truth About Earning Passive Income With Your Writing
How To Improve Your Blog – 7 Things Your Blog Readers Are Dying For